Practical Accounting Training
• What does the management accountant do?
• Roles and responsibilities
• Management reports
• Business and Strategic Planning
• Budget preparation process, the budget holder’s role and responsibilities
• Profit and loss forecast, cashflow preparation
• Variance analysis and reports
• Management meetings
• How to design an accounting system
• Account codes, opening balances
• Day books (sales and purchases)
• Nominal ledgers, control accounts
• Bank accounts and reconciliations
• Preparation of accounts
• Trial balance, profit and loss accounts and balance sheet
• Journals, accruals, prepayments
• Creditors and debtors schedule
• Filing of documents and cross referencing to electronic ledgers
Value Added Tax
• Registration and de-registration
• Standard rate vrs. flat rate scheme
• Debits and credits
• Completion of VAT return.
• Withholding Agent
• Withholding taxes final
• Withholding taxes on account
• Introduction to income taxes
• Introduction to labour Act
• Introduction to the pension Act
NB: Candidate(s) must be computer literate and must have an understanding of basic accounting principles. No knowledge of the software is required
Who Should Attend?
- Any person responsible for the financial accounting of a business.
- Persons who run their own business and wish to either become competent to do the financial accounting themselves, or wants to understand the accounting environment enough to act as a backup for their accounting team
- Fresh University/HND graduates who have completed national service and wish to skill up on a software
- Any person responsible for the Payroll/Salary Administration of a business.
- Persons who run their own business and wish to either become competent in Payroll themselves, or wants to understand the Pastel Payroll environment enough to act as a backup for their payroll clerk.
How to register
Send an email to email@example.com and you will be contacted to complete the registration process.
Please download the enrollment form below and complete.